The Motif Mapper "Creative License"
The intent of this document is to re-state the conditions under which the Motif Mapper Package may be copied, modified, and distributed such that the Copyright Holders maintain some control over the development of the Package while giving users the right to use and distribute the Package in a customary fashion and make modifications if desired. In addition, the Creative License describes the terms under which Contributions can be incorporated into the Package. The primary license is the GNU General Public License, Version 2.
"Package" or "Motif Mapper" refers to the collection of files distributed by the Copyright Holder and any derivatives of that collection created through textual modification.
"Standard Version" refers to a Package that has not been modified, or has been modified in accordance with the wishes of the Copyright holder as specified below.
"Copyright Holder" is whoever is named in the copyright or copyrights for the Package.
"You" is you, if you are thinking about copying or distributing this Package.
"Reasonable copying fee" is whatever you can justify on the basis of media cost, duplication charges, time of people involved and so on. You are not required to justify it to the Copyright Holder, but only to the computing community at large as a marker that must bear the fee.
"Contribution" is any script or library that has not been created by the Copyright Holder but is incorporated into the Package according to the wishes of the Copyright Holder. Contributions can be appropriately considered as modifications of the Package.
"Freely Available" means that no fee is charged for the item itself, thought there may be fees involved in handling the item. It also means that recipients of the item may redistribute it under the same conditions they received it.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(a) Since Motif Mapper is a collection of scripts, any referral to source code is not applicable, but shall be substituted as object code, until such a version exists.
(1) You may make and give away verbatim copes of the Package, Standard Version or individual scripts as attainable from the Copyright Holder without restriction, provided that you duplicate all of the original copyright notices and disclaimers, including these two licenses. Individual scripts that belong once to the Package, remain part of the Package.
(2) You may apply bug fixes, portability fixes and other modification derived from the Public Domain or the Copyright holder. A Package modified in such a way shall still be considered the Standard Version.
(3) You may make a Contribution to the Package or Standard Version. Contributions shall share a joint copyright over the contributed module/script/library such that Copy Holder may incorporate the Contribution as part of the Package. The creator shall not be hindered in his/her own distribution of the Contribution as long as the work DOES NOT attempt to be associated with the Package. That is, as long as the works can be considered independent and separate works in themselves, this license does not apply when you distribute them as separate works. However, modifications that can be considered based on the Package in part or whole must be on terms with these licenses.
(4) You my otherwise modify your copy of this Package in any way, provided that you inset a prominent notice in each changed file stating how and when you changed that file, and provided that you do at least ONE of the following:
i) place your modifications in the Public Domain or otherwise make them Freely Available, such as by posting said modifications to Usenet or equivalent medium, or placing them modifications on a major archive like uunet.uu.net, or by allowing the Copyright Holder to include your modifications in the Standard Version.
(5) You may charge a reasonable fee for any distribution of this Package. You may charge any fee you choose for support of this Package. You may not charge a fee for this Package itself. However, you may distribute this Package in aggregate with other (possibly commercial) programs as part of a larger (possibly commercial) software distribution, provided that you do not advertise the Package as a product of your own.
ii) use the modified package only within your corporation or organization.
iii) make other distribution agreements with the Copyright Holder.
(6) Scripts and library files not supplied by the Copyright Holder for input to or for processing of output from the programs that can be reasonably considered as not based on this Package belong to whoever generated them, may be sold commercially, and may be aggregated along with the Package, as long as such scripts and files clearly state that they do not claim to be part of the Package.
(7) The name of the Copyright Holder may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
(8) THIS PACKAGE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND COMES WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLED WARRANTIES; INCLUDING; WIHTOUT LIMITATION; THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILTY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.